Guidelines for Submission of Photos to ECC Meetings
Paid-in-full club members can submit photos for display during our meetings. Members will receive an email several days before each meeting asking them to email back their photos in three categories for that meeting. At the present, we allow each member to submit up to 6 photos for each meeting, in whatever combination of the categories they wish (most people submit 2 in each category).
Please follow these guidelines for all photos submitted to meetings:
- Export with 2048 pixels on the long edge so your photos will look best on a 1920x1080 display.
- Include your copyright info in the photo's metadata to protect your photo once it's on the club website, and don't export any larger than 2048 pixels on the large edge so a download of your photo is of poor print quality.
- Name your photos following the rules in the links below so they'll appear in the proper order during the in-meeting and website slide shows.
- Attach your photos as files in your email if possible, rather than embedding them within the text, to make it easier to extract your photos from the email.
- Please leave EXIF data in your photos so others can see your focal length, ISO, aperture, and shutter speed during the meeting and on the club's website.
The three categories of photos displayed during each meeting are:
- The first category rotates through four topics, one each month, so each topic returns every four months. Those four topics are:
- The second category is Special Assignment
- The third category is Very Best
At our annual Christmas Pizza Party, we do things a little differently. We each submit 15 photographs taken during that year, of any category or subject, named as "01 Title LastName FirstName" through "15 Title LastName FirstName". In this way, we cycle through everyone's first photo, followed by everyone's second photo, and so on. Many people try to submit photos they haven't yet shown at a club meeting, but this isn't a hard-and-fast rule.